Trend Talk — 3Q22
Noise comments received from San Bernardino International Airport (SBD) neighbors in July – September 2022 (3Q22) reflect these trends:
- Compared to July – September 2021 (3Q21), there was a year-over-year increase in both the number of noise comments received and the number of distinct households filing comments. 23 more comments were filed by 9 additional households in 3Q22.
- Of the 47 comments filed in 3Q22, 29 (or 62%) were geographically concentrated in the cities of Highland and Redlands, where 11 distinct households filed comments for the quarter.
- In comparison to April – June 2022 (2Q22), there was a decrease both in noise comments received and distinct households filing between the two consecutive quarters. The number of comments decreased by 73% (128 fewer), with three fewer households filing comments.
The top five distinct households filing comments in 3Q22 reside in Highland, Redlands, and San Bernardino. Together, they filed 25 (or 53%) of the total comments.
The Good Neighbor Program is an important resource for the community as it:
- Is a forum for SBD neighbors,
- Informs pilots about neighborhood noise sensitivity, and
- Explains to the community and elevates awareness about airport operations and developments and the reasons for aircraft activity.